Yes, you can test custom content types other than pages with Nelio A/B Testing. To do so, simply create a new test for Custom Post Types, select the post type you’re interested in, and create the test as you would in a regular page test.
Certain post types may not be testable, even if they show up in the selector (they sometimes don’t). In particular, you won’t be able to split test post types that are supposed to be embedded on other pages/content like, for example, contact forms or popups.
Luckily, there’s a workaround for these cases. Say, for instance, that you want to test a contact form. Well, all you have to do is run a test on the page that contains said form and use an alternative form in its variant. Just adhere to the following instructions:
- Create an alternative form with your preferred plugin
- Create a new page test
- Select your “contact page” (i.e. the page that contains the form you want to test)
- Its variant B will start as an exact copy of variant A. Edit it and replace the original form with the alternative form you created in step 1
- Save the variant and go back to the test editor
- Add two conversion actions: one that tracks form submissions from the original form, and another one that tracks the alternative’s