WooCommerce Product Summary Testing is an experiment that tests an original WooCommerce product summary (the name, short description, and featured image of a WooCommerce product) and one or more alternatives of that product summary in order to determine which version is more effective at selling that product.
Nelio A/B Testing allows you to create this type of tests easily, keeping track of your visitors to discover with real data which variant generates more sales. Install, activate, and configure Nelio and get the most out of your website
Instructions for Testing Product Summaries in WooCommerce
Once you have installed, activated and configured Nelio A/B Testing, follow these instructions to create A/B tests.
Create a New A/B Test for Product Summaries in WooCommerce
- Under the Nelio A/B Testing menu, click on Tests to view and manage your tests.
- Click the Add Test button at the top of the screen.
- A pop-up window will open with all the types of tests you can create. Each of them has a name and an icon
- Click WooCommerce Product Summary.
Name and Define Your Test
First of all, give a descriptive Name to the test you want to create to help you identify it in the future. In addition, on the right sidebar, you’ll find three additional tabs:
- Status & Management, where you see the status your test is currently in (Draft, Ready, Scheduled, or Paused) and options on when it should start and end,
- Description of the test, where you can indicate what you are testing and what you intend to achieve with it,
- Test Scope, where you specify which pages of your website are affected by this test and which by default indicates that the variants will be visible on all pages of your website. If you want to limit its scope to certain pages, you have a form to define the URLs in which the test should be executed.
How to Create the Variants to Test
An A/B test of the summary of a WooCommerce product consists of testing different variants of the name, short description, and image of a WooCommerce product and discover which one results in more sales.
Select the WooCommerce Product Summary
First, select a product (called “Control Version” or commonly “Version A”) on which you want to perform the test. To do this, you either choose it from the list of options that appears by default, or you look for it by typing its name, its URL or its identifier.
Once selected, its name, its featured image, and its short description are displayed. This is what we call the product summary.
Create New Variants
Then create a “Variant B” (or more than one variant, if you wish) of the product summary selected above:
- By default, each variant created will be an exact copy of the original product summary.
- Set the new Name, Short Description, and Featured Image.
- If you want to create more than one variant, click on the New Variant button at the end of the section.
Goals and Conversion Actions
WooCommerce product summary tests have an implicit goal: a conversion occurs when a visitor purchases the tested product. Visits occur every time visitors see the product summary under test in a page on your website and conversions occur once the purchase is completed.
How to Start the Test
Once you have fully defined your test, you will see that the status of the test will have passed from Draft to Ready. At that point, you can Start it so that your website visitors can see the different variants that you have created and Nelio A/B Testing will start tracking their actions.
How to See the Progress of a Test and Its Results
In the menu option Tests you can see the list of the tests created, the status they are in and the date of their last update. At any time you can see the results of a test that is started or that has already ended by clicking on the View Results link below its name.
The results page shows, in turn, the following information on the progress of a test:
- Test Name
- Evolution with the conversion rate of the control version and all variants, as well as the total number of conversions and visits to the tested Woocommerce product summary.
- Two additional graphs showing the conversion rates of each alternative and its degree of improvement over the original, respectively.
- For each of the variants of the test we will see a thumbnail image, if available, of the custom post type under test, the number of visits it has received, its number of conversions, the resulting conversion rate and, for all variants other than the original, the degree of improvement (or on the contrary, the worsening) that they have with respect to the control version.
- Finally, a summary of the conversion goals and actions of the test is shown.
Improve Your Web Conversion
You can end a test manually at any time by clicking on the Stop button found in the top right corner of the results page. Remember that a test can also end automatically if the condition indicated in its end mode is met.
After completing a test, and to improve the conversion of your website, click on the Apply button of the winning variant (if it exists) and the content of the original page will be replaced with the contents of the winning variant.
Still Not Improving Your Website? You Need Nelio A/B Testing!
The Best A/B Testing Plugin for WordPress