The time field in a form is the designated field for users to enter an exact time in your form as it can be the estimated time of an appointment, the time duration of an event or any other time you want them to fill in.
In this entry, we’ll show you all the options available for the time field with Nelio Forms.
Table of Contents
Adding a Time Field to Your Form
When creating a new form or editing an existing one, adding an additional time field is as easy as adding a new Date/Time field block in the block editor. You can use the Block Inserter + icon, or a shortcut slash command or use the More options on any of the block’s toolbar to insert a block.
You may change its descriptive label (the default label is “Time”) and you have the option to have this label displayed or not on the form.
You can also set a default time on the form or leave it blank for the user to fill it with their information.
Time Field Settings
In the sidebar, you can set the the following date field properties:
- The minimum date that can be selected by the user,
- The maximum date that can be selected by the user,
- Set the step size for the ascending and descending time selector. By default, the value is 60 seconds. For example, if you had this setting set to 300, each increase would add 5 minutes to the displayed time.
- Set whether the field must be filled in the form to be submitted,
- Set whether the field label should be shown or hidden.