The date field in a form is the designated field for users to enter a date in your form, whether it is their birth date, their preferred date for making a booking or any other date you want them to fill in.
In this entry, we’ll show you all the options available for the date field with Nelio Forms.
Table of Contents
Adding a Date Field to Your Form
When creating a new form or editing an existing one, adding an additional date field is as easy as adding a new Date field block in the block editor. You can use the Block Inserter + icon, or a shortcut slash command or use the More options on any of the block’s toolbar to insert a block.
You may change its descriptive label (the default label is “Date”) and you have the option to have this label displayed or not on the form.
You can also set a default date on the form or leave it blank for the user to fill it with their information.
Date Field Settings
In the sidebar, you can set the the following date field properties:
- The minimum date that can be selected by the user,
- The maximum date that can be selected by the user,
- Set the step size for the ascending and descending selector of the date. By default, the value is 1 day. For example, if you had this setting set to 7, each increase would add 7 to the displayed value (1, 8, 15, etc.)
- Set whether the field must be filled in the form to be submitted,
- Set whether the field label should be shown or hidden.
Moreover, as any other block, you can add additional CSS classes to change the styling of the block.