The date and time field in a form is the designated field for users to enter an exact date and time in your form as it can be an appointment date and time.
In this entry, we’ll show you all the options available for the date and time field with Nelio Forms.
Adding a Date and Time Field to Your Form
When creating a new form or editing an existing one, adding an additional date and time field is as easy as adding a new Date/Time field block in the block editor. You can use the Block Inserter + icon, or a shortcut slash command or use the More options on any of the block’s toolbar to insert a block.
You should add a descriptive label (the date and time field by default has an empty label) if you want it to be accessible. You have the option to have this label displayed or not on the form.
You can also set a default date and time on the form or leave it blank for the user to fill it with their information.
Date and Time Field Settings
In the sidebar, you can set the the following date and time field properties:
- The minimum date and time that can be selected by the user,
- The maximum date and time that can be selected by the user,
- Set the step size for the ascending and descending selector of the date and time. By default, the value is 60 seconds. For example, if you had this setting set to 300, each increase would add 5 minutes to the displayed date and time.
- Set whether the field must be filled in the form to be submitted,
- Set whether the field label should be shown or hidden.
Moreover, as any other block, you can add additional CSS classes to change the styling of the block.