Nelio Content allows you to make certain settings to customize the way it works. To access them, click on the Nelio Content Settings page and then on the Advanced tab:
Managed Post Types
Nelio Content is intended as a tool to help you be more efficient in writing and promoting your blog posts. Some websites not only have a blog with posts, but also have other custom post types, such as courses, events, etc. for which Nelio Content can also be very useful when planning or promoting them.
In the plugin settings section you can indicate what managed post types you want to be integrated with Nelio Content. By default, only blog posts are selected, but by clicking the drop-down you can select any other type of content that you have created on your website so that all the tools and features of Nelio Content are also available.
Automatic Social Sharing
Nelio Content can automatically share the contents of your site on social networks according to your preferences. With this setting you can configure what is the default behavior you want the plugin to have:
- Includes all posts, unless you indicate otherwise. Nelio Content may share any post on your blog, except those that you’ve explicitly excluded from the reshare process.
- Excludes all posts, unless you indicate otherwise. The opposite from the previous setting. That is, by default, Nelio Content will not share anything, except those posts you’ve explicitly marked as reshareable.
- End sharing period for old content: by default Nelio Content never stops sharing old content, but you can also select from the drop-down if you want to stop sharing content once it’s one month, two months, three months, six months or one year old.
Nelio Content allows you to indicate a set of users to be notified by email when the publication status of a post changes (Draft, Pending review, Published and Scheduled), when an editorial task is created or completed or when new editorial comments appear:
This tool is very useful for managing editorial teams and making sure that, for example, if you have a post already written, it is reviewed by a colleague. By adding him to notifications and marking that the post as pending review, an email will automatically be sent notifying him of the change in status of the post. And, in the same way, when your colleague accepts it and leaves it scheduled, you will be the one who receives an email warning you that the post is already scheduled.
In the Plugin Settings section you can indicate whether or not you want email notifications to be sent.
ICal calendar Feed
Nelio Content allows you to export the editorial calendar to Google Calendar or any other tool compatible with the iCalendar format (.ics). In the Plugin Settings section, you can indicate if you want to have the functionality of exporting the calendar available or not.
If you deactivate this option, any external tool (such as Google Calendar) in which you have added the exported calendar will stop working, since the export URL will no longer be valid.
Nelio Content analytics allow you to have a more complete view of how your website’s content is working. But the first thing you have to do is activate it.
To do this, follow the instructions on how to connect your Google Analytics account in order to have more complete analytics about your content.
External Featured Images
Nelio Content allows you to insert an external image as a featured image of a post just by indicating the URL. If you activate this option, the plugin offers several additional settings.
Note that most WordPress themes are designed under the assumption that featured images will be available in the media library. Depending on how your theme works, Nelio Content may or may not be compatible with it. To maximize the number of themes the plugin supports, Nelio Content includes three different operating modes:
- Default Mode. This mode assumes your theme uses the function
(get_)the_post_thumbnailfor inserting featured images. For example, WordPress default themes should work with this setting.
- Double-Quote Mode. If your theme retrieves the URL of the featured image and outputs it within an
imgtag, this mode might be the one you need. Compatible themes include Newspaper, Newsmag, Enfold, and others.
- Single-Quote Mode. Equivalent to “Double-Quote Mode,” but using single quotes instead.
En cuanto a la inserción automática de imágenes destacadas externas, puedes configurar el plugin para que use alguna de las imágenes que hayas metido en el contenido de la entrada:
As for the automatic insertion of external featured images, you can configure the plugin to use any of the images that you have included in the post content:
- Disabled. Nelio Content doesn’t set the featured image automatically.
- Use First Image in Post. Nelio Content will use the first image included in the post.
- Use Any Image In Post. Nelio Content will use one of the images included in the post, selecting it randomly. If there are more than two images, Nelio Content will ignore the first and the last image.
- Use Last Image In Post. Nelio Content will use the last image included in the post.