Social Automations is a Nelio Content addon that automates the process of creating social message to promote your content on social media. They help you to (a) promote new content at the time of its publication and the upcoming days and hours and (b) reshare old content. These types of messages are not something new—you can always create social messages manually every time you write a new blog post and/or every time you want to reshare old content with your followers—but Nelio Content with Social Automations takes away all the hard work from you and eases an otherwise complex and time-consuming process.
After writing a new post, it’s very important that you schedule multiple social messages for its publication date to let your users know about it. Usually, you can do this using the Social Media box in the Edit Post screen. There, you can see a social timeline with all the messages you’ve already scheduled, and empty slots to add new messages:
If you’re using Social Automations, this box has been simplified into this:
You just need to click on Create Social Messages Automatically and Nelio Content will fill the timeline without your doing anything. The social messages it’ll generate are created from two different sources:
- Social Templates. Nelio Content comes with a predefined set of social templates that’ll be used to generate automatic social messages. You can tweak them and customize them easily from the Settings page of our plugin.
- Post Content. Nelio Content analyzes your post content, summarizes it, and extracts the most relevant sentences included in your post. This sentences are then used to create multiple tweets that perfectly capture the essence of your content, without using any templates.
This type of messages are only used at the exact time a post is newly published and during the subsequent hours/days. When a post is one month old or older, then Reshare Messages are used instead.
Reshare messages are used for resharing old content with your followers. They are automatically created using a WordPress CRON job and guarantee that your social accounts are always filled with relevant links to your blog. This is how your editorial calendar might look like if you enable social resharing:
Some reshare messages might be automatically created when you fill the timeline of newly written posts (as described in the section above). However, most of these messages are usually created when needed—that is, when your social accounts are “empty”. Nelio’s resharing algorithm will create multiple social messages using the templates you define in the Settings screen. It select the posts to reshare based on the following criteria:
- Traffic acquisition. The more traffic it generates, the most likely it’ll be reshared.
- Age. Newest post are more likely to be shared than older content. But old posts will still have a chance to get reshared.
- Manual overwrites. If you tell Nelio not to share a specific post, it won’t reshare it automatically.
Customizing Automatic Messages
You can easily customize the behavior of automatic messages. To do that, just go to Nelio Content » Settings and select which social profiles can be used for sharing automatic messages, the frequency of these messages, and the templates they’re based on.
Not what you're looking for? Ask us directly: