In The 4 Steps of WordPress Theme Selection, I described the design trends of 2015. Basically, now you can find some of the following features:
- Large and moving background images,
- Multimedia experience,
- Parallax scrolling & effect mutations,
- Ghost buttons,
- Hidden menus,
- Upwardly responsive design for big screens, and
- Big and bold fonts.
In this post, I list 52 awesome WordPress websites that use most of them. This list of has been compiled from the following sources:
- Site of The Day E-commerce Websites Winners from Awwwards (@awwwards). Awwwards is a directory of web design companies and professional web designers . They give awards that recognize the talent and effort of the best web designers, developers and agencies in the world.
- 43 Great Examples of WordPress Websites from Creative Bloq (@CreativeBloq). Creative Bloq is a blog that delivers a daily balance of creative tips and inspiration across web design, graphic design, 3D, and more.
- 30 Insanely Awesome Websites using WordPress as a CMS from 1st Web Designer (@1stWebDesigner). 1st Web Designer is a community of Digital Professionals that share ideas, tips and knowledge to become a great web designer and marketer.
- The Best Designs (@) is a website that includes a directory of freelance web designers and agencies. There is also a selection of the best design trends.
- HOW Design (@HOWbrand): is a magazine that includes several design competitions and serve the business, creativity, and technology needs of graphic designers.
- Best Web Gallery (@bwg_official): website that selects top 20 great website designs. It is managed by the product designer Chad Mueller.
So, if you’re looking to create a new landing page or redesign your current website, it’s helpful to know what goes into a great landing page, and see a few examples. Let’s click to each one and discover the nice effects they have introduced. They will, for sure, be a great source of inspiration!
Note that the list is in alphabetical order.
5. Alt Design
11. Chris Hadfield
12. Eight Arms
17. Fact Check
19. Folch Studio
20. Gear Patrol
21. Haruki Murakami
23. Junction Moama
27. Night Owls
29. Peter Manning
33. Sassi Holford
34. She Was Only
35. Signature International
37. Spatz Labs
41. The Good Batch
42. The Marmalade
43. The New Yorker
44. Think Appart
46. Typeset Design
47. Urban Influence
49. Stupid Studio
I’m so happy about Nelio Content that I will sound like a payed advocate… but here’s why you’ll love it: it works as promised, its auto-scheduling feature is top-notch, Nelio’s value for money is unmatched, and the support team feels like your own.
51. Within The Fold
Which of these landing pages were your favorite? Let us know in the comments.
Featured image take at Formentera Island by girolame