Having an online business and getting a lot of visitors to your website is not enough if you don’t have a good conversion rate.. While it is true that the more people visit your website, the more chances you have to attract new customers and get more revenue, make sure your website is focused on attracting more potential customers and making more sales.
About this topic, in this post, we explain you five tips to increase the conversion rate on your WordPress site and how some of our plugins (Nelio A/B Testing, Nelio Popups and Nelio Forms ) can help you on this matter.
Table of Contents
Use Popups to Generate Leads
Popups, when done right, are one of the most effective methods of increasing conversion rates. Creating popups is easy using a plugin specifically for this purpose, but the type of popups you create is what will make the difference between your visitors clicking or abandoning your website. Here’s what you need to keep in mind to optimize the popups you display on your website :
- Moment: do you want to capture the customer’s attention right away? Show the right popup depending on the moment the visitor is in. For example, while they are reading a post would be a good time to offer them to subscribe to your newsletter. If they are looking at the pricing page, show a popup before they leave that page.
- Offer lead magnets: coupons, discounts, webinars, or any other premium content that will encourage the visitor not to miss the opportunity to become a customer.
- Placement: centered in the middle of a page, as a banner at the top, appearing from the side. Make sure that popups are appropriate to the context in which they are displayed.
- Integrate them with the design of your website: if you use a plugin to create popups, make sure you can design popups with the same look and feel as your website. This way, the user will see the popup as a fully integrated element within the behavior of your website, without being annoying.
To easily create popups on your WordPress website, our recommendation is to use a plugin like Nelio Popups. Designing popups with a tool like Nelio Popups is very easy since you use the block editor you are already familiar with. In addition, not only the resulting style integrates with the one you have on your website, but the functionalities and conditions of when to show it, where, etc., give you the features you need to create the popups that best fit your needs for optimize conversion.
Invite to Visit Your Pricing Page
If you want your visitors to end up buying on your website, accompany them on their buying journey. It’s not enough to have a menu option on your pricing page. Also include other blocks of content to invite the visitor to know the prices of your products. For example, in our blog posts where we talk about Nelio A/B Testing, we show the following block embedded in the post itself:
Additionally, we have created a pattern of testimonial blocks that we use so that, depending on the post you are reading, it shows you the testimonial of one of our customers to invite you to visit our pricing page for a specific product.
These types of sections inserted in the right place will help the reader make the decision to buy.
Optimize Your Landing Pages
The landing pages of your website and of any product are the equivalent of the shop window of a physical store. In many cases it is the first page a visitor will see after doing a Google search or after reading an article on your blog. Designed to be the entry point to your website, it is a marketing page where the shopping experience begins.
So, for example, on our Nelio website, to show the Nelio A/B Testing product, some of the landing pages we have are:
Each of these pages presents our product from a slightly different perspective in order to respond to the different types of profiles that may be interested in our product. The objective of each page is that the potential buyer can find exactly what he was looking for in a matter of seconds.
To find out if your landing pages are optimized for your target audience, the best technique you can use is to create A/B tests with different variations of these pages and see what works best:
- Test different variants by simplifying the page: showing concise and direct headlines, clear and visible calls to action, removing navigation links that do not lead to the purchase page, showing product details with bullet points, reducing the text by showing only the essential information, etc.
- Check that the first block of your website encourages visitors to continue browsing it and not immediately flee to the Google search engine. Create different alternatives of the first block, change the image, the title, the subtitle, the call to action buttons and see what converts better.
- Test different featured images that appear on the page as they are the ones that most affect the visitor’s perception and help to capture their attention.
- Test by changing the style and layout of the entire page and the call-to-action buttons. Test button size, button style and button text.
How to create these A/B tests? Creating an A/B test is very easy if you use an A/B Testing tool. In particular, if you use Nelio A/B Testing, a fully integrated plugin developed for WordPress, you will be able to create variants of any test as easily as making modifications to a page with the block editor.
Here is a complete guide for more details on how to create A/B tests with the WordPress block editor.
Nelio A/B Testing
Native Tests for WordPress
Use your WordPress page editor to create variants and run powerful tests with just a few clicks. No coding skills required.
Optimize Your Pricing Pages
Price pages are pages for the user to find the highest quality/price of the product they are looking for. They are the last page you see before becoming a customer.
How do you optimize conversion on these pages? As with landing pages, the best tool is to create A/B tests to discover what works best. Here are some ideas on what to test:
- Simplify as much information as you can. On this page the user has already been informed about the features of your products. So, basically, make sure the visitor finds on the pricing page what’s included in the price, what guarantees she has, and what she need to do to buy or subscribe.
- Specify well to whom the product is addressed. A good sale is one that perfectly matches the customer’s needs. Help them choose well by specifying the features clearly and concisely.
- Make it easy to compare the different products you offer so that they can better focus on the details of each one of them.
- Highlight the call-to-action button. Test different locations, sizes, colors and text and see what works best.
- Incentivize upfront payments with discounts. Test different offers and analyze what works best.
- Emphasize the value you bring. Don’t repeat the wonders of the product. In a simplified way, add valuable information that will help them make the decision to buy.
As before, use a tool like Nelio A/B Testing to create your A/B tests and optimize for conversion on your pricing page.
Make it Easy for Them to Contact You
To optimize conversion on a website, you must build trust. One of the most effective ways is for the client to perceive that behind the website there are people who will help them with any questions or problem that may arise. Make it easy for them to contact you through contact pages, contact forms located where you think it may be most necessary, chats, etc.
For example, on our website, you will find at the bottom right of every page a question mark icon which, when clicked, displays a pop-up window with a form to contact us.
To create popup windows of any kind, we have already mentioned that you can use the Nelio Popups plugin. And to create forms integrated in your WordPress with the block editor, use the Nelio Forms plugin. In this post we explain how easy it is to create forms with the Nelio Forms plugin.
Plugins will not help you get better conversion rates just by installing them. Optimizing your website to achieve a higher conversion rate is an ongoing process. But, by putting the above tips into practice, we are confident that you will be able to increase your conversion rate quickly!